From Sublime Frequencies:
Erkin Koray and Sublime Frequencies are pleased to present this collection of rare tracks and lesser-heard singles. All tracks were recorded and released in Turkey between 1970 – 1977 and culled from Koray’s personal vinyl collection. Includes exclusive photos and remastered audio.
On her latest album, the 30-year-old Shankar moves her sitar out of urban lounges and into the winding alleys of Andalusia, in search of the musical and historical ties between India and Spain.
- Jacked-up Turkish folk back in circulation (chicagoreader.com)
- Alan Bishop (Sun City Girls, Sublime Frequencies) interviewed about outernational music (boingboing.net)
- Western Saharan Harshness: Listening To Sahrawi Music With New Ears (thequietus.com)
- #380 Lim Ling and The Silverstones – (Funny Funny) Why Do I Fall I Love With You? (wakingupto.wordpress.com)
- Katrin Thormann by Koray Birand for Harper’s Bazaar Turkey March 2012 (fashiongonerogue.com)
- Outernationally-inspired global punk from Neung Phak (boingboing.net)
- The Mike Doughty Interview (zulkey.com)
- Mini Anden by Koray Birand for Harper’s Bazaar Turkey February 2012 (fashiongonerogue.com)
- For Your Podcast Listening Pleasure: SLAPDASHERY (geekasms.com)